Day 1 : Hanoi City tour
Am : Pick up from the hotel. Visit Ho Chi Minh mausoleum, his former residence and the One Pillar pagoda nearby. Visit the Temple of literature – first university in Vietnam. Head back to the old quarter of Hanoi to visit its busy 36 streets by riding in a rickshaw for 1 hour. Lunch time.
Pm : Short drive to the outskirts of Hanoi to visit the museum of ethnology; after a briefing you have free time to explore around the biggest museum in Vietnam.
Head back to central Hanoi via visiting the temple of Quan Thanh and the oldest pagoda in Vietnam - Tran Quoc. Take a relaxing walk along Thanh Nien street next to the famous West Lake. Dinner and transfer to railway station for the overnight train to Sapa. (D)
(OVERNIGHT ON THE TRAIN)
Day 2 : Sapa
The train arrives at the Lao Cai train station at approximately 6:00 am. There will be a vehicle waiting to transfer us to Sapa. The drive to Sapa is only 38 km but it takes around one hour to make our way up the mountains. Once at Sapa, after checking in, we will have a freshen up and breakfast and then are ready to explore Sapa town. We embark on a lovely walking tour to the hill tribe villages of Cat Cat, home to the H'mong hill tribes minority people. As we walk to the villages nestled in the valley below Sapa, we will meet some of the local minority people on their way to and from Sapa. Here we have the opportunity to share cultural experiences with the families that live in the area. Dinner at Mimoza restaurant. (B, D)
(OVERNIGHT IN SAPA)
Day 3 : Sapa - Tavan Homestay
After breakfast we leave the hotel and start trekking. The first part is on the road but we soon turn to the right and walk on a small path down the valley to the Muong Hoa River and from here to the Black H’mong village Lao Chai. Black H’mong is one of the biggest minority groups in the Sapa area. They are proud of their culture and keep their traditions and way of living. They have their own language and wear traditional indigo blue clothing. After this you continue to Ta Van village (1.200 m) to visit the Zay people. The Zay are a fairly small minority group of about 38.000 people who live mainly in the mountains in Northwest Vietnam. Development has meant that some of their old customs have been lost but many women still wear traditional shirts with a purple, blue or green colour. The Zay houses are built of wood and bamboo with a clay floor. We stay overnight with a local family in Ta Van and have our dinner here. (B,L,D)
(OVERNIGHT IN HOMESTAY OF ZAY PEOPLE)
Day 4 : Tavan – Sapa
Farewelling the local family we continue to visit the Red Dao people at Giang Ta Chai where we also see a waterfall. The Red Dao women have very colourful red embroideries and coins on their clothing. On their head they wear a red scarf. Some of the women have shaved off their eyebrows because of a nice Red Zao legend.
We continue along small paths in the rice fields, cross the Muong Hoa River and trek up to Supan where you will meet the jeep transfer back to Sapa.
Take a day room in Sapa for shower. Free for leisure - shopping and visit Sapa town till transfer to Lao Cai station for the overnight train back to Hanoi. (B)
(OVERNIGHT ON THE TRAIN)
Day 5 : Hanoi
Pick up to your hotel for early check in. Some optional tours around Hanoi will be recommended. Tour ends after breakfast. (B)
Please help us to keep Sapa charming for travelers and maintain a brighter future for the lovely local people by following our recommended actions below :
- Please never buy from hilltribe vendors on the street
- Never give candy, money, or anything to anyone for any reason
- Don't be drunk in the village you stay at or are walking though; please don't be noisy at night in Homestay.
- Those actions above may create bad habits in the local people, especially for the children.
- If you want to give gifts to the locals, we recommend you bring something simple and helpful such as a toothbrush or a pen and book for the schools you pass through ...and give to ADULT PEOPLE only, not to children please.
- For any questions or concerns about these activities, please contact us for more details .
Thank you and have a good trip!
Note : The schedule above can be changed at the time of booking.
- English speaking guide whole trip
- Accommodation with basic twin share & daily breakfast
- Private transfers & transport
- Soft sleeper train with 4-berth shared and airconditioned
- Meals as indicated on itinerary. (B : Breakfast ; L : Lunch ; D : Dinner)
- Entrance fees during guided time.
- International airfare & airport taxes
- Visa & visa arrangement
- Meals not indicated on itinerary
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses